Tune into Cook-In with Mark Moriarty on Wednesdays on RTÉ One at 8:30pm.
For the flatbreads:
- 300g strong flour
- 7g fast-action dried yeast
- 150ml warm water
- 20g olive oil
- 30g yoghurt
- Pinch of sea salt
For the hummus:
- 200g canned chickpeas
- ½ lemon, juiced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1tsp cumin
- 1tsp ground coriander
- 200ml sesame oil
For the spiced yoghurt:
- 200g plain Irish yoghurt
- 2 tblsp harissa paste
- Pinch of Salt to taste
- Good squeeze of lime juice
*Also delicious served with previous episode Lamb curry.
- To make the bread, add the flour, dried yeast and salt together in a bowl using your hand (or in a mixer if you have one).
- Now add the olive oil, yoghurt and warm water together
- Mix heavily until a wet dough is achieved.
- Knead for 2mins by hand.
- Put the dough in an oiled bowl, cover with a cloth and leave in a warm place for 1 hour to double in size.
- To make the hummus, add the chickpeas, lemon, grated garlic clove, cumin, coriander and salt to a blender.
- As it is blending to a paste, slowly add the sesame oil until a smooth puree consistency is achieved
- To make the yoghurt, place the yoghurt in a j-cloth or clean towel, rest in a sieve over a bowl, and leave in the fridge for 2 hours for the excess water content to drip into the bowl.
- Mix the thickened yoghurt with the harissa paste, season with salt and lime.
- Tip the dough onto a floured bench and knock it back . Cut the dough into 6.
- Use hands to flatten it out shapes about 1 cm thick.
- Cook for 2 mins on each side - Brush the pan with a little oil. Add the dough to the hot pan and colour on both sides.