- 1 medium cooked lobster
- 30g butter
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 60ml white wine
- 60ml double cream
- 1/2 teaspoon French mustard
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chervil
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 4 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan
- 4 tablespoons of grated gruyere cheese
To cook the lobster
- Place in freezer for 20min
- Plunge into heavily salted water
- Cover and boil for 6-7min
- Remove from water and chill on ice to stop the cooking
- Cut the lobster in half lengthways, and remove the meat from the claws and tail. Leave to one side. Remove any meat from the head and set aside. Cut the meat up into pieces.
- Melt the butter in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add the shallot; cook and stir until tender. Add white wine, and brandy and reduce
- Add double cream. Bring to the boil, and cook until reduced by half.
- Add all your lobster meat to the sauce and turn over for a min
- Mix in the mustard, lemon juice, parsley, salt and pepper.
- Preheat your oven's grill.
- Place the lobster shells halves on a grill pan, and spoon the sauce over and the lobster meat into the shell. Heap on your cheese over the top.
- Grill for 3 to 4 minutes, just until golden brown. Serve immediately.