Tasty succulent lamb steaks make the perfect summertime midweek meal or weekend lunch. Packed full of flavour and ready in minutes - what more could you ask for?
Time: 30 minutes
- 4 lamb chops or steaks
- 1 lemon, zest and juice
- 1 orange, zest and juice
- Pinch of cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons garlic-infused olive oil
- 6 tomatoes, deseeded and chopped
- ½ red onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 tablespoons of flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons of mint, chopped
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 lemon, juice only
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Put one tablespoon of both the orange and lemon zest, the lemon juice and juice of half the orange into a dish and add the cinnamon and garlic olive oil.
- Mix together and coat the lamb chops all over with the marinade. Cover and leave to marinate for at least 30 minutes.
- Prepare the salad: Mix together the tomatoes, red onion, parsley, mint, cumin, juice from
- the second lemon, olive oil and seasoning.
- Pre-heat the griddle or barbeque. Drain the lamb chops and remove any excess marinade.
- Cook on the griddle or barbeque for 3-4 minutes on each side on a medium heat. Leave to rest for 2 minutes.
- Serve with the tomato salad and bread.
Chef’s Tip: The meat will be even tastier if you leave it to marinate for longer. Remove from the fridge 30 minutes before cooking.
Recipe courtesy of Bord Bia