Lamb cutlets or lamb steaks are also delicious with this sauce.
Time: 20 Minutes
- 4 side loin lamb chops, well-trimmed
- A little rapeseed or olive oil
- 2 tablesp. chopped fresh oregano leaves or flat leaf
- A little salt and freshly ground black pepper
Tomato and Smoked Paprika Sauce:
- 2 tablesp. rapeseed or olive oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 teasp. smoked paprika
- 400g tin of chopped tomatoes
- 1 tablesp. chopped fresh oregano leaves or flat leaf parsley
- 1 tablesp. tomato purée
- 1 teasp. sugar
- Combine the olive oil, oregano leaves, salt and pepper. Brush this mixture over both sides of
- the lamb chops. Leave to marinate while you make the sauce.
- To make the sauce, heat the oil in a medium-sized frying pan. Add the onion and fry over
- a gentle heat for about 5 minutes until softened. Then add the garlic, paprika, chopped
- tomatoes, herbs, tomato purée, sugar and a little salt and pepper. Bring to the boil then
- reduce the heat and simmer gently for10 minutes until the sauce thickens. Taste and add
- more seasoning if necessary.
- To cook the chops, heat the barbecue, grill or frying pan and cook for 3-4 minutes on each
- side until cooked to your liking. Allow the chops to rest for a minute or two before serving.
- Serve with the Tomato and Smoked Paprika Sauce, steamed broccoli and mashed or sautéed
Nutritional analysis per serving
- Protein: 45g
- Carbohydrates: 45g
- Fat: 24g
- Iron: 4.7mg
- Energy: 570kcal
Recipe courtesy of Bord Bia