Skip the takeaway and make your very own chicken satay curry with Mags Roche.
- 2 chicken breast
- 1 onion
- 3 garlic clove
- 1 small red chilli
- 1 small fresh ginger
- 5g sugar
- 20g red curry paste
- 220g crunchy peanut butter
- 50g rice wine vinegar or white wine
- Splash sesame oil, soy sauce and Chinese chilli sauce.
- 400ml coconut milk or cream.
- Brown off the chicken in a hot pan.
- Leave to one side.
- In the same pan, sweat onions, garlic, ginger and chilli.
- Add the curry paste, sugar, peanut butter and vinegar, mix and allow to reduce slightly.
- Add the sesame oil, soy sauce and chilli sauce.
- Add Coconut milk and bring to the boil.
- Finally put back your browned chicken and cook out for about 10minutes until chicken is cooked.
- Finish with fresh coriander and lime juice and zest.
- Use approx 100g per person
- Rinse rice under cold water before cooking.
- Add rice to a large pan of boiling salted water, and bring back to the boil.
- Simmer for 10-12 minutes.
- Drain, add a little lime juice and chopped coriander to the rice if you like!