To celebrate National Porridge Week we're making these delicious oaty pancakes from Aveen Bannon. Amazing for brunch!
- 100g Self-Raising flour
- 50g Ground Almonds
- 50g Oat Bran
- 50g Quick Oats
- 20g brown sugar
- 20g butter
- 2 eggs
- 150 ml low fat milk or almond milk
- 1/2 punnet of raspberries
- 1/2 punnet of strawberries
- Melt butter in a pan over a low heat and allow to cool.
- In a large bowl mix self-raising flour, oats, ground almond, oat bran and sugar.
- Blitz the berries with milk until fully blended then mix in cooled butter
- Make a well in the flour and oat mix and crack in 2 eggs. Immediately add in half the blended milk and mix well.
- Slowly add in the remaining blended milk while whisking continually.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan over a medium heat then add a ladle of pancake batter.
- Cook until the top of the pancake begins to bubble then flip over and cook for a further minute.
- Serve with honey, Greek yoghurt and more fresh berries.
Serving: Makes 8 small or 4 large pancakes
Prep time: 7-8 mins
Cooking time: approx. 4 mins per pancake
Recipe courtesy of Aveen Bannon, Flahavan’s and Keelings