This is a cereal made from green wheat that goes through a roasting process to create a wonderful side dish.
- 200g cracked freekah
- 100g feta, crumbled
- 25g flaked almonds
- 2 preserved lemons, deseeded and finely chopped
- 125g kalamata olives, pitted and finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Juice ½ lemon
- Small bunch flat leaf parsley
- Sea salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Rinse the freekah and soak for 15-20 minutes.
- Bring 3 litres of water to the boil with a tablespoon sea salt.
- Add the freekah and simmer for 12-14 minutes, uncovered.
- Drain well and mix through the remaining ingredients.
- Taste for seasoning and serve.
Recipe thanks to Marks & Spencer.