The description of the dish The Happy Pear twins, David and Stephen Flynn are serving up on Today is all you need to want to make this one: Pan fried Asparagus, King oyster mushroom, kale and chilli served on top of sourdough toast with some avocado & sundried tomato pesto.
- 300g kale
- 150g oyster or any mushroom (oyster worth seeking out!)
- ½ bunch of asparagus (about 10 spears)
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 red chilli
- thumb size piece of fresh ginger (40g)
- 1 red onion
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- 4 Tbsp tamari
- juice 2 lemons/limes
- 3 tbsp water
- 1.5 tbsp honey/maple syrup/agave syrup
- 1 ripe Avocado
- 1 tub of sundried tomato pesto
- sourdough bread
Pan fried Asparagus, King oyster mushroom, kale and chilli served on top of sourdough toast with some avocado & sundried tomato pesto.
Make the dressing:
- Cut central rib out of kale and cut in bitesize chunks.
- Peel and finely chop garlic and red onion.
- Peel and very finely dice/grate the fresh ginger.
- Finely chop the red chilli, (remove seeds if you don’t like it hot and leave in if you like it hot!)
- Heat pan for 1 minute on high heat.
- Add 4 tbsp of dressing.
- Add onion and fry for 3 mins stirring regularly.
- Add the garlic and ginger and chilli and 2 tbsp of dressing and fry for further 3 mins,
- Add the oyster mushrooms along with the rest of the dressing and fry for 4 mins.
- Now add the kale and asparagus for further 3 mins.