This is a delicious treat to share with friends and family over the festive season.
- 250g plain flour
- 25g cocoa powder
- 300g caster sugar
- 3tbp instant coffee
- 1 1/2tsp baking soda
- 1tsp salt
- 220g melted Avonmore unsalted butter
- 250ml Irish Cream Liqueur (of your choice)
- 200ml Avonmore sour cream
- 2 large eggs
- 2tsp vanilla extract
- 2 x 100g pkts of milk or dark chocolate chips
- 2 tbsp. Avonmore cream
- 2 x 100g pkts of white chocolate chips
- 2 tbsp. Irish Cream Liqueur
- Preheat the oven to 180c /160c fan/Gas Mark 4.
- Using a baking spray, spray the inside of a ring or bundt tin.
- With a hand held electric mixer, mix the flour, cocoa, sugar, instant coffee, baking soda and salt in a bowl. Then slowly add in the remaining 5 wet ingredients – the melted butter, Irish cream liqueur, sour cream, vanilla & eggs.
- Turn the mixer off. Scrape the bowl, then mix again until smooth.
- Pour the batter into the bundt tin and bake for 45-55 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- Allow the cake to rest and cool for at least 20 minutes before flipping over. Flip the cake onto a wire cooling rack and allow to cool completely.
- When the cake is cold make the toppings.
- Chocolate Drizzle - Put the chocolate chips & cream into a bowl and melt in the microwave. Pour into an icing bag
- Irish Cream Liqueur Drizzle - Put the white chocolate chips & liqueur into a bowl and melt in the microwave. Pour into another icing bag.
- Snip the top off the icing bags and drizzle both over the bundt cake. Decorate with Christmas cake sprinkles.
Recipe courtesy of Avonmore.