A delicious and nutritious snack, perfect with carrot sticks, celery or toasted pitta bread.
- 2 x 400g cans of chickpeas
- 4 tsp tahini
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tsp crushed sea salt (or table salt)
- 6 tblsp extra virgin olive oil
- 0.5 tblsp lemon juice
- paprika (optional - to sprinkle on top if you’re trying to impress!)
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1.75 cup water
- 1 cup roasted pine nuts (walnuts also work really well in this dish)
- 1.5 tsp salt
- 2 cooked and cut into wedges
- Rinse the chickpeas in cold water and tip into the food processor.
- Add the tahini, garlic, salt, lemon juice and seven tbsp of the reserved liquid from the cans. Turn on the food processor and slowly pour in the oil while it runs, get it to a nice smooth consistency and then taste for seasoning.