Try these sweet puddings for a treat with a crunch!
- 6 tblsp maple syrup
- 150 g plain flour
- 1 sachet baking powder (gluten free)
- 75 g light brown sugar
- 1 tsp caramel flavour
- 150 g crunchy peanut butter
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 2 tblsp 30ml (2 tbsp) whole milk
- 140 g pouch Dr. Oetker Surprise Inside Cupcake Centre Salted Caramel
- 150 g bar Dr. Oetker Fine Cook's Chocolate 72% Extra Dark
- 300 ml double cream
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (160°C fan oven, gas mark 4). Lightly brush the insides of 6 150ml (1/4 pt) metal pudding tins with margarine. Put a circle of baking parchment into the bottom of each. Spoon 15ml (1 tbsp) maple syrup into the bottom of each.
- Mix the flour, baking powder and sugar in a bowl. Make a well in the centre and spoon in the caramel flavour, peanut butter, eggs and milk. Carefully mix together until well combined to make a thick cake batter.
- Divide the mixture between the prepared tins, smooth the tops and stand the tins on a baking tray. Bake in the oven for about 20 minutes until risen, lightly golden and a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- As soon as the puddings are cool enough to handle, generously inject each one with Surprise Inside Salted Caramel Cupcake Centres, making sure the nozzle goes right to the centre of each pudding. Leave to stand for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, break up the dark chocolate and place in a saucepan. Pour over the cream and heat very gently until melted. Mix well to make a creamy pouring sauce.
- To serve, loosen the puddings from the tins by running a knife round the edge and turn the hot puddings out on to warmed serving plates. Serve immediately with the hot chocolate sauce.
Recipe is courtesy of Dr. Oetker