"I really love this prawn dish as its creamy, rich and packed with flavour. Our guests often mention they have trouble perfecting their pasta sauces but this one is so easy to make and also works well when accompanied with chicken for example."
- 500 g De cecco fettuccine
- 700 g Large peeled raw tiger prawns or dublin bay prawns
- 2 Glasses white wine
- 3 Cloves of garlic (chopped finely)
- 500 g Quartered paris brown or chestnut mushrooms (stalks removed)
- 1 l Cream
- 20 g Freshly torn basil.
- 200 g Baby spinach (washed)
- 100 g Grated parmesan
- Real butter
- Salt & pepper
- Cook the pasta in boiling salted water with some olive oil for approx 6 minutes. Drain then coat with a few more drops of olive oil and cover then place in the fridge. (This way it will be easier to time your pasta and your creamy prawns to be ready at the same time).
- Preheat a large pan and place a generous knob of butter and a dash of oil into it, the butter should sizzle and brown straight away.
- Cook mushrooms in small batches depending on the size of the pan. Once they have browned, add two glasses of wine into the pan and stir with a spoon.
- Turn up the heat and add garlic, allowing the liquid to reduce by roughly 2/3.
- Now add cream, let this thicken until the cream just about coats the back of your spoon , stir so the mushrooms do not stick to the bottom.
- Sprinkle some salt and basil on your prawns. Stir and cook until firm and opaque, do not overcook or the prawns will become rubbery.
- Just before your prawns are ready place your fettuccine you precooked into your pot of boiling water for approximately one minute and drain well.
- Toss all ingredients together and add parmesan, baby spinach, salt and pepper.