Rory says, "Many people believe that preparing and cooking beetroot is a long and wearisome process. Not the case here, where the beets are simply peeled in their raw state, grated and dressed and then ready to eat. I use an Irish goat's cheese such as St Tola or Ardsallagh in this salad. A few rocket leaves and/or mint leaves could also be added to this salad for a fresh green twist and a great vegetarian dish."
- 2-4 beetroots, depending on size
- 3 tblsp olive oil
- 1 tblsp lemon juice
- Maldon or Irish Atlantic sea salt
- 1 tblsp Irish honey
- 4 slices of soft goat's cheese
- 2 tblsp pomegranate seeds
- Peel the beets with a vegetable peeler. Grate them on a coarse box grater.
- Dress the beets with olive oil, lemon juice and a pinch of salt. Taste and see if they need a little more seasoning.
- To assemble the salad, divide the dressed beets between 4 plates. Place a slice of goat's cheese on each pile of beets and scatter with the pomegranate seeds.
- Drizzle the honey over the goat's cheese and serve immediately. Taste and correct seasoning.