Serve with dressed salad.
For the Fish:
- 2 x 200g fillets of fish
- 100g garden peas, frozen
- 100g cauliflower florets
- 75g chorizo, chopped into cubes
- 25g butter
- ½ lemon
- Drizzle of oil
- Salt and pepper
For the Spiced Tomato Sauce:
- 1 tblsp vegetable oil
- 1 tblsp madras curry powder
- ½ tblsp tomato purée
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1 small white onion, chopped
- 4 ripe tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tblsp chopped chives
- ½ tsp coriander
- Salt and pepper to season
- 100ml water
- To make the sauce, heat the oil in a pot on a medium flame or heat setting. Add your curry powder to cook out the spices for 1 minute then add the purée and stir for 2 minutes.
- Next, add in your onions and tomatoes and 100ml of water. Reduce the heat to low and cover and cook for a further 20 minutes.
- Once cooked, place in the blender until a sauce is formed then pass through a sieve, stir in your chives and coriander and heat when needed.
- Pat your fish dry and set aside.
- Place your non-stick frying pan on high heat. Once hot, add the oil.
- Place the fish down on the pan (skin side if using cod or hake), moving the pan gently so it doesn't stick.
- Reduce heat after 2 minutes to medium and cook for a further 4 minutes.
- Add your cauliflower then add your butter.
- Pan cook for 5 minutes or until the flesh is cooked.
- While this is happening, place your frozen peas in a bowl and pour over boiling water to defrost and drain off water.
- Then add the chorizo and peas with a squeeze of lemon cook for a further 2 minutes and serve.
- Remove from the pan once cooked onto draining paper.
- With a spoon, drizzle the sauce on plate, place fish on the centre of the plate and spoon vegetables neatly on to the plate.
- Serve with dressed salad.