This little dessert is a wonderful way to use up leftover bread, and in the winter, frozen berries work perfectly as a substitute for the fresh summer fruits.
- 225g strawberries
- 110g blueberries
- 450g raspberries
- 150g caster sugar
- 1 brioche loaf, sliced thinly, crusts removed
- 250g mascarpone
- 1 vanilla pod, seeds taken out
- 1 tblsp icing sugar
- Place the fruits in a large saucepan with the sugar over a medium heat and let them cook gently for 3 to 5 minutes. Take off the heat just as the sugar has dissolved and the juices begin to run.
- Line individual dariole moulds with clingfilm and then line bottom and sides with slices of brioche overlapping them slightly. Any leftover brioche can be crumbed and frozen.
- Fill the moulds with the poached fruit, then cover each pudding with a disc of brioche, pressing them down well. Reserve any extra liquid. Wrap each in clingfilm and leave in the fridge for at least 1 hour.
- Mix the vanilla pods with the mascarpone and caster sugar and set aside until you're ready to serve.
- To serve, turn out onto individual plates and spoon reserved liquid over each pudding. Serve with the mascarpone mixture.