Try these moreish muffins using a delicious combination of bananas, nuts, oats and super healthy chia seeds.
- 2 cup bananas
- 4 tblsp milled chia bia seeds
- 6 tblsp unrefined sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white
- 4 tblsp sunflower oil
- 7 tblsp skim milk
- 1/4 cup low fat cream cheese
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 2/3 cup medium rolled oats
- 1/2 cup whole nuts of your choice
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and line a muffin tin with 12 liners.
- Cut the banana in very small pieces and coat the pieces in Chia bia, Set aside
- In a mixer, beat the sugar, egg, and egg white.
- Slowly add the oil.
- Add the milk, cream cheese, and vanilla extract.
- In a medium bowl, sift the flour and baking powder; add the oats and nuts; combine.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients.
- Pour half of the muffin mixture into the muffin tin. Cover the mixture with half of the Chia bia-coated bananas. Cover the bananas with the remaining muffin mixture. Top with the remaining bananas, slightly pushing the bananas into the muffin mixture.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Vary It! You can use pears or another other similar-textured fruit instead of bananas.