Impress your dinner party guests with this elegant and tasty recipe from Rachel Allen.
For the roasted plums:
- 6 plums
- 6 tsp brown sugar
For the white chocolate sauce:
- 100 ml double or regular cream
- 25 g butter
- 100 g white chocolate, chopped or in drops
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (400°F), Gas mark 6.
- Cut the plums in half, remove and discard the stones and lay the plums cut side up on a roasting tray. Scatter each half with 1/2 teaspoon of brown sugar and place in the oven to cook for 15–20 minutes or until the plums are tender and juicy.
- To make the white chocolate sauce, place the cream and the butter in a saucepan and bring up to the boil to melt the butter. Take off the heat and add in the white chocolate, stirring to melt.
- Reheat the chocolate sauce just before serving.
- To serve, place the plums on warm plates and drizzle generously with the warm white chocolate sauce.