This recipe would be perfect on the barbeque on a warm evening when you don't want to spend too much time cooking.
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tblsp olive oil
- 2 tsp clear honey
- 1 tsp chopped fresh oregano
- 8 lamb chops
- 4 small courgettes, sliced on the diagonal
- 450 g baby new potatoes
- few sprigs of fresh mint
- 4 lemon wedges
- 100 g goat's curd or soft goat's cheese
- sea salt and freshly ground black
- Mix together the garlic, oil, honey, oregano and seasoning in a shallow non-metallic dish. Add the lamb chops and courgette slices and mix until evenly combined.
- Set aside at room temperature to allow the flavours to develop.
- Place the new potatoes in a steamer with the mint sprigs on top and cook for 15–20 minutes, until tender.
- Heat a griddle pan until smoking hot. Add the lamb chops and courgette slices and cook for 2–3 minutes on each side, until the lamb is cooked to your liking and the courgettes are tender and nicely marked.
- Add the lemon wedges to the griddle for a minute or two, until nicely charred.
- Arrange the lamb chops on warmed plates with the courgettes and lemon wedges.
- Add the steamed new potatoes and a dollop of the goat's curd or soft goat's cheese.
- Give a good grinding of black pepper to each one to serve.