Its Easter time! Which can only mean two things...chocolate! And eggs! This Chocolate egg tart will earn the respect and love of any hungry kid (or adult!)
- 1 x sheet of shortcrust pastry
- 250 g dark chocolate, roughly chopped
- 200 g butter, cubed
- 6 eggs
- 80 g caster sugar
- To serve:
- 4 chocolate flake bars, broken into pieces
- 200 g mini chocolate easter eggs (or speckled eggs), for decoration
- cocoa powder
- avonmore fresh dessert cream
- Preheat the oven to 190?C/170?C fan/gas mark 5 and roll out the pastry to line the base and sides of a 26cm loose-bottomed tart tin. Trim off the excess pastry.
- Freeze the tart for 10 minutes, then line with parchment paper and fill with baking beans.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Remove the paper and beans and bake for another 10 minutes until the pastry is golden brown
- Reduce the heat to 180?C/160?C fan/gas mark 4. Melt the chocolate and butter in a bowl over a saucepan of simmering water. When soft, remove it from the heat and stir until smooth.
- Beat the eggs and sugar in a separate bowl for 3-5 minutes until pale and thick.
- Beat in the chocolate mixture until combined.
- Pour the chocolate mixture into the pastry case and bake for 15-18 minutes until just set.
- Leave to cool completely, then arrange the broken flake pieces around the border and add the mini eggs to resemble a nest. Dust with cocoa powder before serving with fresh dessert cream.
Courtesy of www.cookwithavonmore.ie