Truffle eyes are sure to give everyone a scare at Halloween, or to treat kids to something a bit creative! They make the ideal dessert for everyone to enjoy. And most importantly, no eyeballs in the ingredients!
- 200 g dark chocolate
- 4 tblsp cream
- 200 g icing sugar
- 140 g desiccated coconut, roasted if desired
- 200 g white chocolate
- 25 g dark chocolate
- Melt the dark chocolate over a water bath. Remove from the water bath and stir in the icing sugar and cream. Add the coconut.
- Place in the fridge for 2 hours.
- Melt the white chocolate over a water bath. Shape the truffle mixture into balls and dip them in the chocolate. Leave to set on a wire rack.
- Press a smartie onto each ball. Dot a little melted dark chocolate in the middle of each smartie to make pupils.
This recipe is courtesy of Siúcra.