This unique recipe for a tea cake is a great twist on a traditional recipe. Allow to cool before tucking in!
- 150 g (6oz) butter or margarine
- 150 g (6oz) caster sugar
- 3 eggs
- 159 g (6oz) self-raising flour
- rind and juice of 1 lemon
- 100 g (4oz) muesli
- 2-3 tbsp. milk
- lemon icing (optional)
- 50 g (2oz) icing sugar
- lemon juice
- mix the icing sugar with enough lemon juice to make a smooth icing and spread over the cake.
- Cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the egg a little at a time.
- Fold in flour.
- Add the lemon rind, juice and muesli and mix well.
- Put mixture into a 2lb loaf tin, lined with parchment.
- Bake in a moderate oven 180°C/350°F/Gas Mark 4 for about 50 minutes.
- Allow to cool.
Recipe courtesy of Flahavan's.