Garth McColgan's wraps are ideal for the family for a mid-week light bite with plenty of kick.
To make the bean mixture:
- Crisp off the bacon bits in a pan over a medium heat. When crispy, add the finely chopped garlic, onion and Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Season with salt and pepper. Cook until the onion is soft.
- Add kidney beans and Mexican chilli sauce and cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Now gently mash the kidney beans with a potato masher.
- Add cooked prawns and lemon juice to the pan and heat up for 2-3 minutes before serving.
- To serve, heat the tortilla wraps in oven for 2 minutes. Put a large spoon of the Latino chilli mix in the centre of a wrap, add grated cheddar cheese and fold.
To make the guacamole:
- Put peeled avocados into a bowl and roughly mash with potato masher. Add lemon juice and mix.
- Add the diced tomato and white onion to the avocado mix, season with salt and pepper and mix.
- Cut wrap in half diagonally and serve with the guacamole and crème fraiche on top.
Garth's tip: If you prefer, you can substitute the prawns with diced chicken fillet. Add three fillets at the same time as you would the prawns but increase the cooking time to 12 minutes or until the chicken is cooked. If you like your guacamole a little friskier, add a dash or two of hot pepper sauce at the same time as the lemon juice.