A delicious and decadent pancake recipe from Garth McColgan.
- 110 g self-raising flour
- 275 ml fresh milk
- 1 egg
- 30 g butter (melted)
- 30 g caster sugar
Chilli chocolate topping:
- 100 ml fresh cream
- 1 red chilli (split lengthways)
- 100 g milk chocolate
- 1 pack fresh strawberries (quartered)
For Pancake Mix:
- Sieve the flour into the bowl. Add the other ingredients and whisk until the lumps are pretty much gone. Leave to stand for 1/2 hour.
- Cook in an un-greased pan on a medium/high heat until they brown on each side. Serve immediately. The batter will keep in the fridge for 2-3 days.
For Chilli Chocolate Topping:
- Fill a pot with water 3cm deep and bring to a simmer. Put the bowl on top of the pot, making sure the bottom of the bowl doesn't touch the water directly.
- Put the cream and chilli into the bowl and allow to warm through for 10-15 minutes.
- Remove the bowl from the heat and leave to cool completely. Remove the chilli from the cream and discard.
- Replace the bowl of cream on the simmering pot and add the chocolate.
- Leave for 5-10 minutes and mix until the chocolate has melted.
- Remove from the heat and pour lashings of chocolate sauce over your pancakes and top with fresh strawberries.