Easy to make but with lots of delicious impact!
- 12 cupcake cases (pink and blue varieties)
- 165 g (6oz) baking margarine, softened
- 165 g (6oz) caster sugar
- 3 medium eggs, beaten
- 5 ml (1 tsp) vanilla extract
- 165 g (6oz) plain flour
- 12.5 ml (2.5 tsps) baking powder
- Vanilla flavour and chocolate flavour easy swirl cupcake icings
- Sugar butterflies, soft shimmer pearls, wafer daisies, soft silver pearls and soft gold pearls
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (160°C fan oven, 350 F, gas 4). Line a deep cupcake tin with pink and blue cupcake cases. In a mixing bowl, beat the margarine with the sugar until pale and creamy-light in texture.
- Gradually whisk in the eggs and vanilla extract then sift the flour and baking powder on top.
- Using a large metal spoon, carefully fold the dry ingredients into the creamed mixture.
- Spoon mixture into 12 cake cases and bake on the middle shelf in the oven for 20-22 minutes until risen and just firm to the touch.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool. Use icing to decorate the cupcakes in the pink cases with gorgeous iced swirls. Hold the can at a downward horizontal angle to the cupcake, place your finger towards the tip of the nozzle and push firmly down to start the flow of the icing.
- Use Easy Swirl to decorate the cakes in the blue cases in the same way.
- Finish by sprinkling decorations over the icing, serve and enjoy!
Recipe courtesy of Dr. Oetker.