A tasty dessert made with all Irish ingredients.
- 250 ml skimmed milk
- 14 g carrigeen moss
- 2 egg yolks
- 80 ml honey
- 250 g strawberry puree sieved
- 200 ml cream whipped
- 250 g strawberries
- 100 ml bunratty mead
- Warm the milk in a heavy baced pan.
- Soak moss in cold water to soften, drain well.
- Add the carrageen moss bring to the boil and simmer for 5 mins.
- Whisk the sugar and yolks and strain the milk mixture over the yolks and sugar.
- Stir continuously, return to the heat, do not boil, until slightly viscous.
- Remove from the heat. Cool.
- Whisk the cream add the strawberry puree and then the milk and yolk mixture.
- Pour into serving glasses and place in the fridge until set.
- Warm the mead and a little sugar.
- Prepare the strawberries, add to the mead and finish with a little chopped mint.
- Place on top of the mousse and serve.