This recipe couldn't be easier, and tastes amazing too. A package made in heaven!
- 400 g (14oz) strawberries, halved
- 450 g caster sugar
- 4 tsp fresh lemon juice
- Before you start, sterilise 2 jam jars by washing them thoroughly in hot soapy water and rinsing in warm water.
- Preheat the oven to 140°C (fan 120°C/Gas 1), and stand the jars upside-down on a rack in the oven to dry for about 30 minutes. Alternatively, after rinsing, dry the jars in the microwave for 1 minute – they must be wet, but not filled with water or they will explode.
- Combine the strawberries and sugar in a medium-sized saucepan and bring them to a simmer over a medium-high heat, stirring frequently. Reduce the heat to medium and continue to simmer for 1 hour or until thick, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat and stir in the lemon juice.
- Pour into the warm jars, seal and allow to cool. Store in the refrigerator. The jam will keep up to 6 months.
Recipe courtesy of Angel Adoree