Allow you and your little ones to explore the kitchen with Siúcra's Apricot Muffins recipe and reap the delicious awards. These heavenly treats are fun to make and most importantly they taste just as good as they look!
- 425 g tin apricots
- 3 eggs
- 75 ml rapeseed oil
- 125 g siúcra granulated sugar
- 1/4 tsp. vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- 250 g plain flour
- 45 g potato starch
- 5 g baking powder
- 250 ml milk
- Icing Sugar
- Strain all the liquid from the apricots. Separate the eggs, putting the yolks and whites in separate bowls.
- Whisk together - the yolks and oil. Combine the dry ingredients and gradually stir them into the yolk mixture, alternating with the milk. Add the Vanilla Extract.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff and fold into the cake mixture. Divide the mixture between 12 paper cases or greased muffin cups.
- Top each muffin with half an apricot, rounded side upwards. Bake at 175°C (fan oven 150°C) for about 20 minutes.
- Dust lightly with icing sugar before serving.
This recipe is courtesy of Siúcra.