Oliver Dunne makes this with Maura on Four Live - served with Salsa Verde, Basil and Black Olive Crushed Potato
- 2 tsp white wine vinegar
- 4-5 fresh basil sprigs, leaves only
- handful fresh flat leaf parsley
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 anchovy fillets, drained
- 3 tsp capers
- 100 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 8 small lamb chops
- 1 free-range egg, beaten
- salt & freshly ground blk pepper
- 100 g plain flour
- 50 g parmesan cheese, finely grated
- 100 g breadcrumbs
- 50 ml olive oil
- knob of butter
- 1 kg new potatoes
- 100 g good quality black olives, chopped
- 50 g melted butter
- 50 ml olive oil
- 1-2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 small bunch of basil
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- For the salsa verde, pour the vinegar into a blender and add the basil leaves, parsley, garlic, anchovies and capers. Blend to a puree. With the motor still running, gradually add just enough of the olive oil to give a sauce –like consistency.
- For the lamb, place each chop between 2 sheets of cling film and, using a rolling pin, lightly bash the meat out so that it is ¼ inch thick.
- Beat the egg into a wide bowl and season with salt & freshly ground pepper. Place the flour on a plate and season. Put the parmesan & breadcrumbs together on another plate and stir them together.
- Dredge the lamb chops evenly in the flour, then dip them in the beaten egg. Coat each chop with the breadcrumbs, shaking off any excess. Heat the olive oil and butter together in a non-stick frying pan. Fry the lamb over a medium heat for a few minutes on each side until golden brown.
- Transfer the meat to the oven and continue to cook for a further 1-2mins, basting with the pan juices.
- Boil the potatoes in salted water. When cooked, strain, peel & slice. Heat a wide heavy based pan, add the butter, olives & olive oil and simmer for 1 minute. Add the sliced potatoes, mix with the olives and butter and add a little white wine vinegar to cut through the fat. Add basil before serving.
Oliver's top tips: Substitue chicken for lamb if you wish. For a healthy option grill instead of frying your chops! Substitute the olives for sundried tomatoes!