Serve with boiled new potatoes or rice.
- 600g minced beef (rolled into balls)
- 2 red peppers, deseeded
- 2 yellow peppers, deseeded
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 tbls dried thyme leaves
- 1 tbls paprika
- 2 tsp mild chilli powder
- 2 tbls flour
- 250ml chicken stock
- 1 x 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 800g new potatoes
- Heat up a large pan and add a splash of oil, fry off the meatballs until golden brown.
- When browned, remove from the pan and strain off the majority of the fat leaving a little to cook the chopped peppers, onions, garlic and thyme.
- Sweat all this for 10 minutes approximately without allowing any colour.
- Add the paprika, chilli powder and the flour and continue to cook for a further 1-2 minutes.
- Pour in the chopped tomatoes, chicken stock and meatballs and bring to the boil.
- Simmer for around 15-20 minutes, at this stage the sauce should be thick-like gravy.
- Serve with boiled new potatoes or rice.