Tamarin's take on childhood favourites, updated, from MasterChef Ireland
- 4 egg yolks for ice-cream
- 2 eggs for pancakes
- 0.5 cup flour
- 250 ml cream
- 250 ml milk for ice-cream
- 1 cup milk for pancakes
- 100 g caster sugar for ice-cream
- 50 g caster sugar for strawberries
- 1 tblsp lemoncello
- 1 lemon
- Heat milk and Lemoncello with Lemon zest
- Beat egg yolk with sugar. Add hot milk and transfer back into saucepan. Transfer to bowl to cool. Add cream and put into Ice-cream maker. Transfer to freezer.
- Chop strawberries and basil and marinade with sugar.
- Make pancake batter with eggs, milk and flour. Put in fridge to rest.
- For the basil syrup mix sugar & water and bring to the boil.
- Add basil and let cool.
- Mix in blender and strain through sieve.
- Make pancakes and keep warm. Serve.