The staple side to any Irish family meal. Kevin's advice? If you are using this stuffing for the turkey it must be completely cooled before placing in the turkey cavity.
- 110 g (4oz) Supervalu butter
- 1 large Supervalu onion, finely chopped
- 2 Supervalu garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tblsp Supervalu fresh thyme, chopped
- 4 tblsp Supervalu fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 175 g (6oz) fresh white breadcrumbs
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC (350ºF/Gas 4). Melt the butter in a large frying pan, add the onion and sauté for 3-4 minutes until softened and translucent but not coloured. Add the garlic and cook for another minute or so, stirring continuously.
- In the meantime, put the breadcrumbs and herbs into a large bowl ensuring the herbs are mixed through. Season to taste.
- Pour the melted butter mixture over the breadcrumb mixture and place in a preheated oven for 20–25 minutes until golden. Remove from the oven and serve immediately.
Kevin's note: If you are using this stuffing for the turkey it must be completely cooled before placing in the turkey cavity.