Served with plaintains and pomegranate and avocado garnish
- 20 g coriander (handful)
- 20 g flat leaf parsley (small handful)
- 10 leaves of mint
- 10 leaves of basil
- 60 ml olive oil
- 4 green chillies
- 1 clove garlic
- 4 spring onions
- zest of one lime
- 2 tsp salt
- 250 g monkfish
- 2 limes (juice)
- 1/4 tsp sugar (may not be required)
- 2 green tomatoes or tomatillos
- 0.25 green pepper
- 1 cucumber
- 1 tblsp white wine vinegar (and extra to taste)
- 1 tblsp lemon juice (
- 2 spring onions
- small slice white bread soaked in water and squeezed out
- chives (small bunch)
- 10 g parsley (small handful)
- 10 g coriander (small handful)
- agave syrup (to taste)
- spiced tequila (few drops) (ingredients - tequila, chillies, cardamom, black cumin seeds, cumin seeds)
- salt and pepper
- one large green plantain
- sunflower oil
- maldon smoked sea salt
- pomegranate seeds
- avocado dice
- lemon oil (olive oil, lemon zest and turmeric)
- micro coriander or finely chopped coriander
- Grill 2 whole chillies and garlic (unpeeled) for 7 mins on hot grill pan until soft and blackened in patches.
- Remove stalk from chilli, peel garlic, chop roughly, place in blender.
- Add herbs, olive oil, lime zest, 2 deseeded and chopped chillies, chopped spring onion, 1 tsp salt and blend to a paste, adding a little water if necessary.
- Remove 2 tablespoons of paste and place remainder in bowl in fridge.
- Dice fish into small cubes, add lime juice, 1 tablespoon of reserved herb paste and 1 tsp salt and place in fridge for 10 mins.
- Remove, drain well (place in sieve) and toss fish with another 2 tablespoons of green herb mix and a 1/4 tsp of sugar (may not be necessary).
- Chop cucumber, tomatoes, green pepper and combine with vinegar, lemon juice and approx I tsp agave, add salt and pepper.
- Refrigerate overnight (if possible, if not refrigerate for 30 mins).
- Blend marinated vegetables with spring onions, herbs and bread.
- Add few drops tequila to taste.
- Add a little iced water if necessary.
- Strain and serve cold.
- Peel plantain and slice into 2 cm sections.
- Heat oil in shallow pan and fry until lightly coloured and a little soft.
- Remove from oil, flatten each piece into a circular shape using a can or mug.
- Fill small bowl with salted water, dip flattened plantain pieces in briefly, shake off excess water and fry again until golden brown and crunchy.
- Remove from oil, drain on kitchen paper and season with smoked salt.
- Place glass of gazpacho on plate, arrange fish with pomegranate seeds and avocado dice, drizzle few drops of lemon oil, arrange plantains, garnish with micro coriander or finely chopped coriander.