Served with sun-dried tomato and ricotta ravioli
- 350 ml chicken or vegetable stock
- 350 g courgettes (chopped)
- 1 garlic cloves (crushed)
- 10 g fresh flat-leaf parsley (finely chopped)
- 3 fresh chives (snipped)
- crème fraiche for serving
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3/4 cups water
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 tsp salt
- 1-1/2 cups unbleached white flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 eggs
- 1/4 cup water
- Bring the stock to the boil in a saucepan, add the courgettes, reduce the heat, then cover and cook gently for 15 minutes or until tender.
- Remove from the heat and add the garlic to the soup. Blend until smooth in a blender or food processor. Return to the pan and stir in the herbs. Season to taste. Cover and keep warm, then reheat gently before serving.
- Sift flour and salt together.
- Place flour mixture in a bowl, making a well in the center of the flour.
- Drop eggs into the flour well, using a fork, break the yolks and beat eggs slightly.
- Combine the eggs and flour together, gradually adding enough warm water to make a stiff dough.
- Knead dough well, until smooth; cover the dough and let it rest for 15 minutes.
- Cut dough in half and roll each half of the dough out on a floured board, into a very thin sheet (about 1/8 inch thick).
- Fill a small saucepan with the water and bring to a boil.
- Add the sun-dried tomatoes, cover the pot with a lid, and remove it from the heat.
- Let the tomatoes sit until softened, 6 to 12 minutes, depending on the tomatoes.
- Drain the tomatoes in a colander or with a slotted spoon.
- Roughly chop the sun-dried tomatoes. Mix the tomatoes and ricotta cheese in a small mixing bowl. Season the mixture with kosher salt to taste.
- Drop ravioli into a pan of boiling, salted water and cook for about 10 to 15 minutes, or until dough is tender.
- Remove cooked ravioli from pot carefully with a large slotted spoon, and drain well.
- Place ravioli in serving bowl. Ladle over the soup and serve.