Simple, tasty and fresh, use only the freshest possible.
- 700 g baby potatoes
- 4 rosemary sprigs
- 4 thyme sprigs
- 4 mackerel fillets (pin-boned)
- 1 tblsp extra-virgin olive oil
- juice of 1 lemon
- 100 ml crème
- 200 g mixed salad
- sea salt and ground
- black pepper
- Place the potatoes in a cooking pot of water, bring to the boil and cook for 15 minutes or until the potatoes are tender when pierced with a fork. Drain and set aside to cool, before slicing in half.
- Prepare the mini smokers by popping a handful of woodchips and a sprig each of rosemary and thyme into four aluminium takeaway boxes. Push 3–4 skewers across the top of each box.
- Place the mackerel fillets on a plate and generously season on both sides with sea salt and ground black pepper. Arrange each mackerel fillet on top of the skewers on each box. Place the remaining aluminium boxes on top and wrap them all in foil. Put the wrapped boxes over a hot barbecue and allow to smoke for 15 minutes.
- Remove the mackerel from the homemade smokers, allow to cool, then remove the flesh and flake with a fork. Set aside on a plate.
- Whisk together the oil, lemon juice and crème fraîche in a small bowl. Arrange the salad leaves on a large serving platter, place the potatoes on top and scatter with the smoked mackerel. Drizzle with the creamy dressing and serve straight away.