A pasta and salmon dish from Dr Eva Orsmond
- 5 ml olive oil (1 tsp)
- 50 g chopped leek (approx ¼ of a leek)
- 100 g grated carrot
- 200 g broccoli
- ¼ cube of fish stock (or vegetable stock)
- 15 ml soy sauce (1 tbsp)
- black pepper
- hot water from kettle
- 100 g salmon
- 50 g pasta penne (or other shape that you prefer)
- Wash leek very well and chop it coarsely. Peel carrot and grate it coarsely. Wash broccoli and cut it into small florets.
- Heat the oil preferably in a Teflon coated large saucepan that has a lid.
- Add the chopped leeks, grated carrots and broccoli when the oil is warm but not hot or smoking.
- Add hot water from the kettle if it feels that your vegetables start sticking or feel too dry.
- Add your fish or vegetable stock and your soy sauce. Cover with lid and leave to simmer for approx. 10-15 minutes until vegetables are soft but not overcooked, "al dente".
- Bring at least 500ml of water to the boil and add the pasta.
- Boil the pasta depending on cooking instructions until "al dente". Drain and add to the vegetables when cooked.
- Add the salmon into the vegetable and pasta mixture. Mix well and serve.