Dr Eva Orsmond knows a thing or two about healthy meals so when she puts together a tuna lunch - you know its gotta be good.
- 1 tuna steak (approx. 120 -150g)
- 1 tblsp olive oil
- 1 small onion (approx. 150g)
- 1 fennel (approx. 300g)
- 100 ml low-fat milk
- 0.25 cube of vegetable stock
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 tblsp soy sauce
- Chop the onions and chop the fennel in half circles.
- Pour the olive oil into the pan and add the chopped onions to that.
- Add the crushed garlic and leave to fry so it becomes soft but does not burn.
- Add the fennel that has been chopped.
- Add the soy sauce, vegetable stock, and white pepper.
- Stir and close the lid and leave to simmer for 5 to 10 minutes. Stir every now and then.
- Remove the lid and finish cooking so that all the extra liquid gets absorbed by the cooking fennel and evaporates.
- In the end, you should have the fennel cooked until soft.
- Fry the tuna steak.