Indulging couldn't be simpler with Marty Morrissey's guide on making a delicious Hot Chocolate Fondant. Go on, you know you want to!
Indulging couldn't be simpler with Marty Morrissey's guide to making a delicious Hot Chocolate Fondant. Go on, you know you want to!
- 125 g butter
- 125 g bitter chocolate (at least 70% cocoa solids)
- 60 g caster sugar
- 2 free-range egg yolks
- 2 whole free-range eggs
- 40 g plain flour
- for the ice cream:
- 200 ml cream
- 250 ml milk
- 100 shelled pistachios
- 4 free-range egg yolks
- 100 g caster sugar
- 25 ml frangelico liqueur
- 30 g crème fraiche.
- First make the ice cream. Put the cream and milk in a pot and bring to boiling point and reduce to a simmer.
- Grind the pistachios to a powder and stir into the hot milk and leave to infuse for 5-10. In a large bowl whisk the sugar and eggs until pale and fluffy, then add a little of the hot cream mixture to the yolks and stir.
- Then pour all the creamy pistachio mixture into the eggs and pour everything back into the pot and place on a low heat stirring constantly.
- When the mixture coats the back of a spoon it is ready. Pass the mixture through a sieve stir in the Frangelico and leave everything to cool.
- When cold, churn the mixture in an ice cream machine, when it's nearly set add the crème fraiche and churn until frozen.
- Melt the butter and chocolate over a pot of simmering water. In a large bowl whisk the eggs and sugar together until very pale and fluffy.
- Pour this mixture into the cooled melted chocolate and fold until everything is combined and the mixture is smooth.
- Sieve in the flour and gently fold in.
- Place the mixture in pudding moulds that have been lined with sugar and butter and cook in a pre-heated hot oven at 180°C, for 9 minutes exactly.
- Serve the puddings hot with a scoop of the pistachio ice cream and a garnish of chopped pistachios.