A delicious starter from Sarah Newman on The Restaurant.
- 600 g fresh dublin bay prawns
- 10 g butter
- 15 ml olive oil
- 5 cloves garlic (peeled and crushed)
- 20 ml white wine
- 100 g baby salad leaves
- for the dressing:
- 20 ml olive oil
- 5 ml fresh lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- First remove the tails from the prawns, de-vein them and pat dry with kitchen paper and set aside.
- Melt the butter and oil in a large pan over medium high heat until lightly golden. Add the garlic and fry for 1-2 minutes, then stir in the prawns and toss in the pan continuously until lightly golden.
- Pour the white wine into the pan to deglaze it and stir for a few minutes on a medium to high heat.
- To make the dressing whisk together the olive oil, the lemon juice and season with salt and pepper. Toss the salad leaves in the dressing until lightly coated.
- To serve, place some salad leaves on a plate and arrange the prawns around it. Serve immediately.