A fresh fish recipe that is packed full of goodness, taste and flare. Easy to make, and even easier to eat!
- 4 (170g each) portions skinned haddock
- 2 tblsp olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves (chopped)
- 450 g baby potatoes (sliced)
- 1 l cider
- pinch of paprika
- a little salt and pepper
- rocket, to garnish
- watercress, to garnish
- Heat the olive oil in a large deep heavy based saucepan and fry the garlic and potatoes until browned.
- Add the cider to the pan and simmer gently until the potatoes are almost cooked through.
- Place the haddock on top of the potatoes in the pan and sprinkle generously with paprika and season to taste.
- Cover and continue to cook for five to seven minutes.
- Divide the potatoes between four serving bowls and top with the fish, rocket and cress salad.
Recipe inspired by Bartra Seafood Restaurant, Lahinch, Co Clare.