A delicious and healthy stew from Dr Eva Orsmond.
- 1 tblsp olive oil
- 1 tsp all in one spice
- 1 tsp black bean sauce
- black pepper
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 onion (approx 150g)
- 1 leek (approx 150g)
- 200 g split red lentils (uncooked value)
- 4 carrots (approx 400g)
- 4 celery sticks (approx 200g)
- 1 parsnip (approx. 200g)
- 3 cans whole peeled tomatoes in juice (400g each x3 = 1200g)
- 25 ml soy sauce
- 25 ml concentrated tomato puree (or paste)
- 500 ml boiling water
- Simmer the onion in olive oil in wok. Add all in one spice, black bean sauce, black pepper, crushed garlic cloves and finely chopped leek.
- Add lentils and 500ml of boiling water from kettle. Stir.
- Add the chopped carrots, parsnip, and cans of tomatoes, soy sauce and tomato puree.
- Stir frequently and add more boiling water as required.
- Simmer for approx 45 minutes until lentils and vegetables taste soft. Stir frequently.