Try this tasty dish...
- rack of lamb with 4 bones on it.
- 6 shallots
- red pepper jelly or mint jelly(depending on preference)
- balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup arborio rice
- handful of kalamata olives
- handful of semi sundried tomatoes.
- extra virgin olive oil
- lemon juice
- Sauté 3 shallots in butter and add cup of breadcrumbs. When breadcrumbs start to crisp up pour in 3 tbsp of balsamic vinegar and cook over low heat for 20mins adding more balsamic if needed.
- Remove fat from back of rack, season with salt and pepper and brown all sides in hot sauté pan. Remove from pan and let cool. Spread generous amount of jelly on back of rack and pack good crust of breadcrumb mix on to meat. Bake in oven at 180°C for 15mins making sure crust doesn't burn.
- Meanwhile make basic risotto and when finished add olives, semi dried tomatoes, grated parmesan, tsp lemon zest and handful chopped parsley.
- Place lid over saucepan and let sit for 5 minutes.
- To make salsa verde combine equal amounts of fresh mint parsley and basil in blender with some lemon zest, lemon juice, 3tbsp olive oil, clove garlic and salt and pepper and blend.
- To Serve:
- Place risotto in centre of plate, carve rack in half and place on top on risotto and spoon salsa verde around outside of plate.