A tasty and interesting way to prepare broccoli.
- 1 head of broccoli
- 250 g breadcrumbs
- 2 eggs beaten
- 100 g flour
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 tsp cajun seasoning
- 1 l corn oil
- Snap off the stems of broccoli and cook for 2 mins in salted boiling water.
- Remove and cool down in cold water- remember this stops the cooking.
- Mix the nutmeg and Cajun seasoning with a good pinch of salt and pepper in the breadcrumbs.
- Now get 3 bowls, you put flour in the 1st- the beaten eggs into another and the breadcrumbs in 3rd one.
- We are going to dip the cooled broccoli into the flour 1st then into the egg and finally into the breadcrumbs.
- Your broccoli should be totally covered in crumbs now- if not just repeat, flour, egg, breadcrumb.
- I don't know about you but I don't have a deep fat fryer at home so this is how I do it (but if you do then use that).
- Put your corn oil into a pot a warm it up for about 5-7 mins if you want to see if it's ready just take a piece of broccoli and drop it in it should start to cook at once.
- Cook broccoli until golden brown remove from oil and place onto some kitchen paper this will soak up any of that extra oil. And serve.