A delicious dessert from Lorraine Keane on The Restaurant.
- 55 g butter
- 55 g brown sugar
- 15 ml crème de cassis
- 175 g blackberries
- 250 g mascarpone
- 200 ml double cream
- 3 tblsp icing sugar
- ½ vanilla pod (seeds only)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 lime (zest only)
- ½ orange (juice only)
- 250 g almond and pistachio cookies
- Melt the butter and brown sugar in a pan over a medium heat until bubbling. Add the Crème de Cassis and flambé. Toss in the blackberries and stir gently for one minute. Remove from heat and leave to cool.
- Whisk the mascarpone, double cream, icing sugar, vanilla seeds and vanilla extract in a bowl. When smooth, stir in the lime zest and the orange juice.
- Place the biscuits in a plastic bag and beat gently with a wooden spoon until they resemble rough breadcrumbs (If you cannot find almond and pistachio cookies you could substitute Amaretti biscuits).
- To assemble the Cosmo place some crushed biscuits at the bottom of a martini glass. Put a large dollop of the mascarpone mixture on top and place a layer of blackberries on top of that, followed by another layer of mascarpone cream. Repeat layers again and garnish with some blackberry juices.
- Chill for at least 1-2 hours before serving.