Chief Whip Roddy O'Connor outlines the Nationalist Party position at the launch of their election manifesto.
- Title Nationalist Party Manifesto
- 1st Broadcast 19/02/1969
- ContributorRonnie Turner (Reporter)
- Clip Duration 00:01:10
- Material Type Video
- Series title RTÉ News
- Clip title Nationalist Party View
- Extended description
Roddy O'Connor says that the removal of the border is still one of the principal aims of the Nationalist Party. O'Connor comments that "the border can only be removed when harmony is established in all Ireland and when people realise that there isn't any reason why there should be a division of the country".
A RTÉ News speaks to Roddy O'Connor about the Nationalist Party election manifesto broadcast on 19 February 1969.
- Local keywords Northern Ireland, 1969, Stormont, Election, Roddy O'Connor, Nationalist Party, Manifesto, Ronnie Turner, Nationalist Party
- Geographical coverage Ireland, Belfast
- Topic Wars and Conflict
- Publisher Broadcaster RTÉ
- First broadcast channel RTÉ
- Production year 1969
- Country of production Ireland
- Original identifier N816/0069C
- IPR restrictions Rights Reserved - Free Access
- Rights terms and conditions
Copyright RTÉ. This material may not be replicated in any form or manner without the prior express permission of RTÉ. Any form of reproduction in print, television, video, multimedia, web site or other electronic media or any form of dissemination for commercial or non-commercial use must be licensed by the RTÉ Archives.
If you wish to licence video or audio clips, still images or text, or would like further guidance please contact us.
RTÉ Archives are committed to respecting the copyright of others and have attempted to source and credit the copyright owners of all material used here. RTÉ would like to hear from any copyright owners who are not properly identified here so that the necessary corrections can be made. If you feel your copyright has not been respected please contact us.
- Item type part/extract
- Item colour Black and White
- Item sound Mono
- Aspect ratio 4:3
- Language used English (eng)
Party Manifestos for Election
Broadcast - 14/02/1969
Clip Length - 00:04:29
Appeal to "All Religions and None, to Come and Join the Unionist Party".
Broadcast - 16/02/1969
Clip Length - 00:01:54
Canvassing in Cullybackey
Broadcast - 17/02/1969
Clip Length - 00:01:19
Lord Brookeborough Gives His Views
Broadcast - 18/02/1969
Clip Length - 00:02:09
Nationalist Party View
Broadcast - 19/02/1969
Clip Length - 00:01:10