Annita Currie, wife of Nationalist MP Austin Currie, describes the intimidation and threats of violence that she has been subjected to at her home in Donaghmore, Tyrone.
- Title Interview with Annita Currie
- 1st Broadcast 05/12/1968
- Clip Duration 00:01:25
- Material Type Video
- Series title RTÉ News
- Clip title Threats at the Currie Home
- Extended description
Annita describes how a group of men arrived at her house, the previous Wednesday, looking to challenge her husband. As Annita was alone at home, she did not open the door and the men began thumping on the door. When she telephoned the police, the men left. Annita was since offered police protection.
A RTÉ News report in which Annita Currie describes the intimidation that she and her family have faced.
This report was broadcast on 5 December 1968.
- Local keywords Civil Rights Movement, Northern Ireland, 1968, Annita Currie, Civil Rights
- Geographical coverage Ireland
- Topic Wars and Conflict
- First broadcast channel RTÉ
- Production year 1968
- Country of production Ireland
- Original identifier N2134/0068L
- IPR restrictions Rights Reserved - Free Access
- Rights terms and conditions
Copyright RTÉ. This material may not be replicated in any form or manner without the prior express permission of RTÉ. Any form of reproduction in print, television, video, multimedia, web site or other electronic media or any form of dissemination for commercial or non-commercial use must be licensed by the RTÉ Archives.
If you wish to licence video or audio clips, still images or text, or would like further guidance please contact us.
RTÉ Archives are committed to respecting the copyright of others and have attempted to source and credit the copyright owners of all material used here. RTÉ would like to hear from any copyright owners who are not properly identified here so that the necessary corrections can be made. If you feel your copyright has not been respected please contact us.
- Item type part/extract
- Item colour Black and White
- Item sound Mono
- Aspect ratio 4:3
- Language used English (eng)