Photo Competition: Guidelines
Shoot the breeze or any other element of the weather that takes your fancy and you could be the next lucky person to have your photograph used as the backdrop for RTÉ Weather bulletins!
Develop your photographic talents and enter a photograph which best encapsulates some aspect of Pring in Ireland. Your image could capture Urban and City scenes, Landscapes, Landmarks, Wildlife (Animal), Sea, and beyond! One winner and five runners up from the season will have their photographs selected to provide the backdrop for RTÉ Weather's on-screen broadcasts. Why not share something that caught your eye, made you gasp in awe or simply gave you a giggle and your photograph could set the scene for RTÉ Weather bulletins.
You can see previous and runners-up from the previous RTÉ Weather Photo Competition here.
To give you the best chance of winning, and to make sure that the photographs will work as part of the weather bulletins, we have put together a few guidelines and pointers for you.
What to photograph
Photographs may be taken in any Irish location. The winning photographs will be on screen at the same time as the weather presenters so it is best not to include recognisable people or brands and to keep the focal point of the picture on the right hand side.
Only colour photographs in a landscape format and only medium to wide shots are acceptable. A panel of judges nominated by RTÉ will select winners and their decision is final. Amateur photographers only may enter.
How to enter
Please note our new guidelines for competition entries.
Email entries to email@example.com
- Entries can be accepted attached to an email OR you can also enter by posting your picture on Instagram or Twitter using the hashtag #rteweathercomp, or by sending it to the RTÉ One Facebook page
- Ensure the photographer's name appears in the subject title.
- The photo must be titled using the photographer's name.
- Give the name, address and daytime contact phone number of the photographer
- Give the location of the photo, along with the date the photo was taken.
- Each photograph entered must be a minimum of 2,400 x 3,000 pixels in digital format or have a minimum file size of 2.5mb and no greater than 5mb.
- Only one entry per person is allowed.
- Unfortunately we are unable to accept any entries outside these parameters. Details also on RTÉ Aertel page 167.
The summer, autumn, winter and spring winners and runners-up will feature in the annual Weather Photo Competition Calendar.
Note: Photographs submitted as entries may be selected by RTÉ to feature in RTÉ television weather broadcasts and the owners of those selected photographs agree to their broadcast in this way and also agree that RTÉ may use these selected broadcast photographs on the RTÉ Website & Apps, in the RTÉ Guide, at RTÉ Weather Photographic exhibitions and in the RTÉ Weather calendar.
If your photo is chosen to appear on RTÉ Weather forecasts, it will then be considered to be included in the hugely successful RTÉ Weather Photo calendar
Terms & Conditions
For full competition terms and conditions click here.Click here for live weather information and a full 7-day forecast for your area.