Serving Our Audience
Terms and Conditions for RTE.ie
2. You may not broadcast, copy, download, frame, reproduce, republish, post, transmit, merge, edit, adapt, resell, re-use, produce summaries or otherwise use RTÉ.ie and/or its content in any way except for your own personal, non-commercial, non- business use. Any other use of RTÉ.ie or its content requires the prior written permission of RTÉ.
3. You agree to use RTÉ.ie only for lawful purposes, and in a way that does not infringe the rights of, restrict or inhibit the use or enjoyment of this website by any third party. Prohibited behaviour includes but is not limited to infringement of third party intellectual property and other rights, defamation, harassing or causing distress or inconvenience to any person, soliciting minors, transmitting obscene or offensive content or anything which may affect the operability or security of RTÉ.ie.
Disclaimers/Limitation of Liability
4. RTÉ.ie and its content is provided on an "AS IS" and on an "AS AVAILABLE" basis without any representations or any kind of warranty whether express, implied or statutory of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, compatibility, security and accuracy.
5. . RTÉ will not be liable for any loss or damages, including direct, indirect or consequential loss or damages including without limitation interruption of business, loss of data or profits, whether in contract, negligence or other tortious action, arising from or in connection with the use of or the inability to use RTÉ.ie.
6. RTÉ does not warrant that functions contained in RTÉ.ie and its content will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected, or that RTÉ.ie or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or bugs.
7. RSS feeds of RTÉ.ie content are provided free of charge to individuals for personal and non-commercial use only. Use of RTÉ.ie RSS feeds for commercial purposes or by non-profit organisations will require the prior agreement of RTÉ and you must first contact the appropriate editor [News: Declan McBennett (firstname.lastname@example.org); Sport: Ray Donoghue (email@example.com); RTÉ Ten, Life & Style, RTÉ Television: Bree Treacy (firstname.lastname@example.org). By downloading a RTÉ.ie RSS feed, you acknowledge that RTÉ does not accept any liability for its RSS feeds, and that RTÉ is not responsible for the content of third party websites
8. You acknowledge that RTÉ.ie and its content including but not limited to text, images and logos identifying RTÉ, RTÉ.ie or third parties and/or their products and services are subject to copyright, design rights and trademarks and/or other intellectual property rights owned by RTÉ and/or third parties. You are not permitted to use any trademark, patent, design right, database right, copyright or any other intellectual property right of RTÉ and/or any other third party without the prior written consent of RTÉ or the third party.
Contributions to the RTÉ Website
9. By posting "Content" on RTÉ.ie (which for the purposes of these terms and conditions is defined to include any text of whatever nature including without limitation any comments or submissions, photographs, graphics, video or audio posted by you to any part of RTÉ.ie, RTÉ branded platforms, accounts or pages), you agree that RTÉ may - free of charge - use, edit, move, moderate, copy, disclose to third parties and make the Content or any part of it available as it sees fit on the RTÉ.ie website or on any other RTÉ or third-party services in any media worldwide now known or later developed. By providing Content to RTÉ.ie you confirm and warrant that it is your own original work and not copied from anyone else or infringing any third party’s intellectual property or other rights and is not defamatory, obscene, harmful to minors, harassing, offensive, sexist, homophobic, threatening, encouraging racial hatred or violence or in breach of anyone’s privacy, or confidentiality rights or prejudicial to legal proceedings and is not posted for promotional or commercial purposes. RTÉ does not guarantee to use or otherwise make available Content.
10. You agree to fully and effectively indemnify and hold harmless RTÉ in respect of all damages, claims, demands, liabilities (including liability to third parties), losses, costs and expenses (including reasonable legal fees and costs) arising out of, in connection with or as a result of a breach of the warranty in paragraph 9 above.
11. Where Content is provided by you way of comments that are posted to any part of RTÉ.ie, RTÉ branded platforms, accounts or pages, you agree that you will not seek to impersonate a third party or post comments which are falsely attributed to any third party. You acknowledge that you are responsible for any comments posted by you and that you are solely responsible for your conduct in posting such Content to any part of RTÉ.ie, RTÉ branded platforms, accounts or pages. You must not include any links to any websites or webpages.
12. By posting Content on RTÉ.ie you confirm that you have the right to give RTÉ permission to use it for the purposes specified above, and that you have the consent of anyone who is identifiable in your Content or the consent of their parent/guardian if they are under-18. RTÉ will show your display name with your Content. RTÉ may need to contact you for administrative or verification purposes in relation to your Content. For full details of when and how we may contact you please see the RTÉ's Privacy Statement. RTÉ processes information about RTÉ.ie users in accordance with the RTÉ Privacy Statement. Content does not, unless specifically stated, represent the views of RTÉ.ie or RTÉ.
13. RTÉ reserves the absolute right to edit, move, cease to publish, moderate and delete user Content in its absolute discretion. RTÉ cannot publish comments which are not accompanied by a display name and email address.
Third Party Sites/Links
15. RTÉ is not responsible for the availability or content of any third party websites or material accessed through the RTÉ.ie website. RTÉ does not exercise any control or supervision of content of these linked websites.
16.. RTÉ does not endorse, and shall not be held responsible for any content, advertising, products, services or information on or available from third party websites. Third party websites linked through RTÉ.ie are not covered by these terms and conditions and RTÉ accepts no responsibility for them or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
17. If any provisions of these terms and conditions are found to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable by reason of the laws of any state or country in which these terms are intended to be effective, then to the extent and within the jurisdiction in which that term is illegal, invalid or unenforceable, it shall be severed and deleted from these terms and the remaining terms shall survive, remain in full force and effect.
15. These terms and all disputes and matters arising out of or in connection with them shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of Ireland and subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Irish Courts
Tá RTÉ.ie (www.RTÉ.ie agus/nó, de réir mar a cheadaítear nó mar a cheanglaítear leis an gcomhthéacs, aon ardáin, aon chuntais nó aon leathanaigh a bhfuil brandáil RTÉ orthu) ina chuid de Raidió Teilifís Éireann ("RTÉ") arb é Craoltóir Náisiúnta Seirbhíse