Police investigating last week's Manchester suicide bombing have evacuated an area in the city centre after identifying a car which could be "significant" to their inquiry.
Greater Manchester Police said a 100-metre cordon was in place after the vehicle was found in Devell Court in Rusholme. Nearby buildings have been evacuated and people asked to stay away.
Detective Chief Superintendent Russ Jackson said: "This is potentially a significant development in the investigation."
Police said the Royal Manchester Infirmary remained open but people had been evacuated from Ronald McDonald House, which provides accommodation for families of patients at the Royal Manchester Children's Hospital.
Officers at the scene are assessing the car, which is a white Nissan Micra.
Police are investigating the movements of Salman Abedi before he killed 22 people at a concert by US singer Ariana Grande on 22 May.
"We are very interested in anything people can tell us about the movements of this car, and who was in it, over the past months," Det Chief Supt Jackson said in a statement.
CCTV images have been released showing Abedi hauling a blue suitcase in the days leading up to the attack.
Police had been trying to establish why Abedi went to the Banff Road area in Rusholme, where the car was found.
Latest update: cordon in place around the Banff Road area. Please avoid. pic.twitter.com/lBrPKQtp5s— G M Police (@gmpolice) June 2, 2017
Ten men, aged between 18 and 44, remain in custody on suspicion of terrorism offences in connection with the attack, police have said.
Six people, including a 15-year-old boy, a 34-year-old woman and four men, have been released without charge.
Two of Abedi's cousins were among those released, and they have claimed that the 22-year-old plotted "secretly to himself" before the atrocity.
Brothers Isaac and Abz Forjani, who were arrested by armed police soon after the attack before being released without charge, said they had been left "traumatised" by their cousin's actions.