Mixed martial arts fighter Conor McGregor has appeared in court in Dublin charged with six road traffic offences last month.
The 33-year-old is accused of dangerous driving at two locations in the city on 22 March.
Four additional charges were also put to him in the precincts of Blanchardstown District Court this morning.
He is also accused of driving without a licence and insurance and failing to produce a licence and insurance.
Mr McGregor’s solicitor Michael Staines told the court that his licence and insurance had been shown to Garda Denis Lordan of Lucan Garda Station this morning.
Judge David McHugh remanded Mr McGregor on continuing bail to appear again at Blanchardstown District Court on 23 June.
Conor McGregor arriving at Blanchardstown Courthouse, more @rtenews #ConorMcGregor pic.twitter.com/YHrtskP1Mm— Paul Deighan (@PaulDeighano) April 7, 2022
Mr McGregor drove to court this morning in a Rolls Royce followed by his security detail.
He was first charged with two offences; driving a 2019 D registered Bentley Continental in a manner that was dangerous or likely to be dangerous to the public at two locations in west Dublin, on the Lucan Road and at the N4/M50 Interchange in Palmerstown, contrary to the Road Traffic Act.
This morning he was further charged with four additional road traffic offences.
We need your consent to load this rte-player contentWe use rte-player to manage extra content that can set cookies on your device and collect data about your activity. Please review their details and accept them to load the content.Manage Preferences
Garda Lordan told the court that he met Mr McGregor at 10.55am this morning, before the hearing, and further charged him with driving without a licence and insurance and failing to produce a licence and insurance.
He said the accused made no reply to the charges.
Mr Staines said however that he could confirm that he had this morning shown the Garda copies of the insurance and driving licence.
Mr McGregor - named by Forbes as the world’s highest paid sports star last year earning over €165 million 2021 - sat in the dock and did not speak during the brief hearing.
Judge McHugh granted a disclosure of evidence order which he said must be complied with before Mr McGregor is due to appear in court again in June.
Mr McGregor is to be offered an opportunity on that date to plead to the charges and if he wishes to contests them, a date will be set for trial.