Two Kinahan gang members have been jailed for their roles in a plot to kill the brother of the leader of the rival Hutch organised crime gang in Dublin over two-and-a-half years ago. 

Patrick Curtis, 38, from Bellman's Walk, Seville Place, in Dublin 1 was jailed for 10 years. 

Mohammed Smew, 27, of Milner's Square, Shanowen Road, Santry, in Dublin 9 was jailed for seven-and-a-half years

Both were involved in the plan to kill Patrick Hutch in March 2018. 

It brings to nine the number of Kinahan gang members jailed for the attempt on Mr Hutch's life as part of the ongoing feud which has so far cost 18 lives 

Mr Justice Tony Hunt said both were part of a sub-cell of the Kinahan Organised Crime Group specifically set up to murder Patrick Hutch.

Seven of the gang involved in the plot to kill Patrick Hutch in March 2018 are currently serving lengthy sentences, today the Special Criminal Court jailed two more of the Kinahan gang members for their roles. 

Hutch was to be lured from his home and shot dead by a "hit team" that was waiting in the underground car park at Belmont Apartments on Gardiner Street. The gunmen were then to flee to East Wall, burn out the getaway car, and go through a pedestrian tunnel where another car was waiting. 

Patrick Curtis was recorded saying the Kinahan gang had "so much money that they could buy half of them Hutch's to kill their own half".  

"That's the way it's gone," he said.

"People are getting money for a hit. People are getting money they used to get for a hit. People are getting money for setting them up now worth a hit. People are getting €20,000 and all for setting somebody up. You used to get that for doing the hit, yea".

Curtis was trusted to take directions on an encrypted phone from someone at the highest level in the gang who used the pseudonym "Lordnose."

He was told the get a new car and a van, and that this had "to be military."

Curtis told Lordnose that the job "will be done Wednesday."  Gardaí were able to recover and read some of the encrypted messages because Curtis could not remember all the instructions and took pictures of some of them on his own phone.

Mohammed Smew was involved in the planning and, along with Mark Capper, part of the original hit team but in the end he could not take part in the attempt because he was arrested for looting a shop in Tallaght during the snow storm of 2018. 

Curtis was sentenced to 12 years in prison with the final two years suspended while Smew was sentenced to eight years and three months with the final nine months suspended.

Mr Justice Tony Hunt said both were part of a sub-cell of the Kinahan Organised Crime group specifically set up to murder Patrick Hutch

It brings to nine the total number of Kinahan sub-cell members jailed for the attempt to murder Patrick Hutch.

The others already serving sentences are Ciaran O'Driscoll, was to be the "looker", was to watch Patrick Hutch leave his home and then contact the hit team who were to shoot him. He has been jailed for five years.

Michael Burns, was a supervisor, organised logistics as well as passing on the instructions from higher up for the murder which had to be done with "military" precision. He was jailed for nine years.

Stephen Curtis was involved in sub-cell meetings and buying the 'burner' phones and SIM cards. He was jailed for five years.

Mark Capper, the original hitman, who pulled out of the plan was jailed for seven-and-a-half years. 

Mark Capper was the original hitman

Gary Thompson, 35, and his brother Glen Thompson, 25, were each jailed for 12 years and six months, while Afghan war veteran Robert Browne, 36, was sentenced to 11 years and six months in prison.

Gary and Glen Thompson

All three were part of the hit team.